Best Doctor for Thalassemia Treatment in Ahmedabad

Dr. Aishwarya Raj is renowned as the premier doctor for Thalassemia, offering unparalleled expertise and compassionate care. With a deep understanding of the condition and a patient-centric approach, She delivers the best-in-class treatment, empowering patients to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.

  • 25 years of experience in Thalassemia treatment.
  • A Complete Diet Suggestion according to sugar level
  • Talk to Our Expert for free

Book Appointment

What is Thalassemia?

Thalassemia is a genetic blood disorder that affects the production of hemoglobin, the protein responsible for carrying oxygen in red blood cells. It is characterized by abnormal or insufficient production of one or more globin chains that make up hemoglobin. Thalassemia is typically inherited from parents who carry the mutated genes.

Diagnosis of thalassemia involves blood tests, including a complete blood count and hemoglobin electrophoresis, which can help identify abnormal hemoglobin patterns. Genetic testing may also be performed to determine the specific genetic mutations involved.
Treatment options for thalassemia vary depending on the severity and symptoms of the condition. They may include regular blood transfusions to increase hemoglobin levels, iron chelation therapy to remove excess iron from the body, and folic acid supplements to support red blood cell production. In some cases, bone marrow or stem cell transplantation may be considered as a curative option.

dna

Our Happy Patient

dna

Frequently Asked Questions

Thalassemia is a genetic blood disorder characterized by abnormal or insufficient production of hemoglobin, the protein responsible for carrying oxygen in red blood cells. It is caused by mutations in the genes that control the production of globin chains, leading to an imbalance in the production of these chains and abnormal red blood cell formation.

There are two main types of thalassemia: alpha thalassemia and beta thalassemia. Alpha thalassemia occurs when there are defects in the genes responsible for alpha globin chain production, while beta thalassemia occurs when there are defects in the genes responsible for beta globin chain production.

Thalassemia is usually inherited in an autosomal recessive manner, which means that both parents must carry and pass on the mutated genes for their child to have thalassemia. If both parents are carriers, each child has a 25% chance of having thalassemia, a 50% chance of being a carrier like their parents, and a 25% chance of neither having thalassemia nor being a carrier.